The Champion’s Mindset, A Quitter Never Wins And A Winner Never Quits
Bottom line that’s the difference in the mindset between a champion and just another fighter. The difference between winning and losing. This is the attitude you must have to overcome all the obstacles in your training and matches. Focus, hard work and commitment are some of the key factors in the making of a champion. Knowing the right way to train/condition your mind and body will increase your odds in becoming a champion. So how do you go about it? First it starts with your most powerful asset or weapon you have, your thoughts. We are all in control of our destiny because we control our thoughts. WHAT THE MIND CAN BELIEVE THE MIND CAN ACHIEVE!
A lot of people do not like to hear this because it makes them responsible for where they are at in life, it takes away excuses for failing, not trying or giving up. It’s all about attitude that sets you apart from every one else. DO OR DIE that is the attitude you need to defeat your opponents in the ring or outside of it in the real world. When you don’t feel like training because you are to sore, tired from a long day at work or your hand hurts or there are other things you need to get done these are excuses that you put in the way so you don’t achieve your goal. You have to train and condition your mind to focus on your goal so you have a burning desire to obtain it.
If two opponents of equal strength and fighting ability step into the ring the man with the stronger mind will be victorious. Here are some ways to train your mind to have the edge over your opponent. Take time to visualize your match or techniques in your mind with a clear, detailed and realistic picture for 10–30 minutes twice a day once in the morning when you awake and before going to sleep. This will feed positive messages to your subconscious mind.
- Find a quiet place in your home sit or lay down whatever makes yourself comfortable and begin to visualize.
- Always visualize what YOU are going to do not what your opponent is going to do because you can only control yourself.
- Visualize yourself always moving quickly, effortlessly and being victorious, standing over your opponent holding your arms high up in the air with the championship belt around your waist.
- Visualize as if you have already obtained your goal, SMELL the scents of the arena. TASTE the salt from your sweat on your lips. HEAR the crowd chanting your name. FEEL and TOUCH the championship belt around your waist and the crowd’s energy as you put up your hands in victory.
- Surround yourself with positive people who push you to be your very best, believe in you and your goal and will help you achieve it. Having supportive people around will help deflect negative thinking and will rub off on you, we become who we hang out with.
- Read biographies of your idols on the obstacles they overcame to get to where they are today.
The key to visualization is to have 100% belief and faith that you WILL ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL and this is YOUR PURPOSE AND DESTINY. Push away any doubt you have when it comes into your mind or the negative thoughts will cancel out the positive message. After a little while it well becomes easier to believe what you are telling yourself. The mind can not tell what is real or imagined when you keep telling it something. You will subconsciously begin believing those messages. attracting people in your life that will help you reach your goal and you will begin ACTING, TRAINING and FIGHTING like a champion.